tl;dr: Play Minecraft to benefit Science!
Welcome to MineRL. We want to solve Minecraft using state-of-the-art Machine Learning! To do so, we are creating one of the largest datasets of recorded human player data. Our dataset includes a set of tasks which highlights many of the hardest problems in modern-day Reinforcement Learning: sparse rewards and hierarchical policies.
We’d love to have you play Minecraft for science with us! Our server is free and public, but there are a few steps before you can get started.
- Purchase and install Minecraft Java Edition on your computer (Available here)
- Run the MineRL Recording Mod installer: Windows, Linux, Mac
- If you already play with Forge for Minecraft 1.12, you can install our mod directly: Download here
- Read and fill out our consent form to indicate that you understand your gameplay will be recorded anonymously: Here. Make sure to use your Minecraft username.
- Launch Minecraft with the newly installed configuration and connect to mc.minerl.io